Ignite Website Privacy Collection Notice
Macquarie University (the University) is subject to the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and Health Records and Information Privacy Act (NSW) 2002 which protects the privacy of your personal and health information. The purpose of this privacy collection notice is to let you know what information is collected about you and how the information is used by the University.
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, email, phone number and relationship with the University, PayPal email address, social media information, pledge information, phone number, personal description, your Gift Aid choices and photograph or avatar in the following circumstances:
• When you give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://ignite.mq.edu.au (the Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
• When you register to use the Site, participate in discussions on the Site, use the Site's social media functions, pledge sponsorship monies to a Project, register a Project, and when you report a user, Project or a problem with the Site;
• For any other reason which relate to the services we provide to you.
Use of your personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of your participation in the crowd funding campaign as a donor/Sponsor or a project leader/Creator or otherwise including:
• To verify the details of your application where you are a project leader/Creator and to discuss your campaign;
• To collect and hold a record of your pledge on the crowd funding page and to provide your project leader/Creator with your pledge information;
• To confirm details in relation to your pledge with you and to provide you with a receipt if your donation is processed;
• To update you about the status of your crowd funding pledge and to provide you with a link to the Project page;
• To respond to any queries you make;
• To notify you of any changes in relation to your pledge or our services;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already registered for or enquired about; and
• For any other reason that relates to the services we provide.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
• Our online payment gateway service provider (see below)
• Third party software providers who store your details for us (such as Sponsorcraft Limited (trading as Hubbub) (see below)
• Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks on our behalf;
• Companies we engage for advice such as lawyers, accountants auditors;
• Where we are obliged by law to disclose your information; and
• Where we have your express permission to do so.
Disclosure to Sponsorcraft Limited in England
Ignite is hosted on a platform provided by Sponsorcraft Limited, which is a company incorporated in England. Sponsorcraft, trading as Hubbub, provides the University with the online e-commerce platform that allows the University to operate the Ignite website and direct you to how to make a donation.
Disclosure to PayPal
When you make a pledge to donate to a campaign, you will be directed to PayPal, the direct payment gateway, to process your financial information for your pledge.
The University does not store your financial information. PayPal processes all of the transactions on the Site and PayPal are the only people who see your financial information. Pay Pal’s use of your information is governed by its own privacy terms.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access modification or unauthorised disclosure. Once we receive your information we use strict security features to try and prevent unauthorized access. The University also ensures that our third party platform provider, Sponsorcraft, has security measures in place to protect your information.
Your credit card information goes directly through to the PayPal payment gateway and is stored by them until it is no longer required for the transaction.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we ensure that our gateway providers follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement generally accepted industry standards.
We may collect information which does not identify you personally when cookies are used on our websites. A cookie is a text only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. These cookies are known as your unique visitor cookie and identify your visit only by random number, the name of the domain where the cookie has come from and the lifetime of the cookie. Cookies do not collect financial information or passwords. You can accept or decline cookies by adjusting the “accept cookies” setting on your browser, however this may affect the functionality of the website.
Other information collected when you access our website
We may also collect other information from you when you visit our website that will not personally identify you such as:
• The internet browser you used;
• Operating system used;
• Date and time of your visit; and
• Path taken through the website and the number of visitor you are to the website.
Access to information and complaints